PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE AS THESE WILL APPLY TO YOUR USE OF OUR SITE.
1.1 These terms of service (“Terms”) are a legal agreement between you, the user (“You”), and Learn Era (“We,” “Us,” or “Learn Era”).
1.2 If you use a website owned or administered by us (“Website”), a mobile application, or any other means to access our services (“Services”), you accept these terms (“Terms”) and agree that the Terms shall apply to the agreement between you and us (the “Agreement”).
1.3 Please be aware that these Terms only apply to Learn Era’s provision of Services to you, namely the Course access service we provide that allows you to purchase online classes or courses (“Courses”) that we list on our Website and applications. Teachers, tutors, colleges, schools, and other third parties (“Teachers”) provide the Courses.
1.4 These Terms may be changed at any moment. Any changes or new conditions will be communicated to you and posted on our website. If you do not intend to be bound by any such revisions, you may terminate this Agreement; however, by continuing to use our Services, you will be deemed to have accepted the new terms and agree to abide by them.
1.5 Additional terms may apply to individual Courses, and these additional terms will be listed with informational text in the listing for the relevant Course.
1.6 We provide Courses on the Learn Era platform, but we cannot be held liable or responsible for their content, and we cannot guarantee that the Courses will meet your specific needs. The relevant Course Teacher will be responsible for the content and delivery of a Course.
- 2.1 You will be asked to register with us when you use our website or Services. It is not essential to register in order to use the Services. However, if you have not registered and do not have an account with us (“Account”), you will not be able to purchase a course from us.
- 2.3 When registering, you must provide a fully valid email address so that we can send you your Course confirmation and any other information about our Services. In no case will we be held liable.
- 2.4 When you register, you will also be required to create a password. We recommend that you keep your password private and do not share it with anyone else. If you reveal your password to a third party and they access or use our Services as your agent, they will be assumed to be operating on your behalf. We are not liable for any actions made by any third parties to whom you have given your password. If you feel a third party has obtained your password and is using your Account without your permission, please contact us right once, and we will suspend or close your Account at our discretion.
- 2.5 You will be asked if you consent to receive emails from us when you register with us. We won’t be able to help you if you don’t consent to this.
- 2.6 If you violate the provisions of this Agreement, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account at any time. You will not be able to purchase more Courses or utilize any of our other Services if your Account is suspended or closed, and you may not be able to access the Services.
Payments and Purchases
- 3.1 All payments must be paid to us through PayPal or a valid credit or debit card.
- 3.2 Using the Learn Era Services, you will be able to purchase a Course directly. When you place an order, you must offer payment authorization. We may collect money from you at any moment between the time you place your order and the time we deliver the material.
- 3.3 If you indicate that you want to buy a Course, you will be required to pay in full. A transaction is not finalized and you have not secured a spot on your chosen Course until you have paid and received a confirmation email from us.
- 3.4 Once we get payment confirmation, we will confirm the Course and send you login information through email. We may also inform the Teacher of your purchase and provide the necessary contact information. You have also given approval for us to transmit that information on to the Teacher as part of the purchasing process.
- 3.5 When we confirm your purchase, we will have formed a legally enforceable agreement for the purchase of the Course. Your purchase will always be subject to the conditions of the Teacher on the relevant ad, and the Course will be given in compliance with those terms.
- 3.6 Your order is a request for us to sell you the Course content. There will be no contract between you and us until and until we actually receive payment from you. We have the right to refuse to provide the Course to you at any time prior to that date, for any reason. We will issue a full refund if we accept money and then fail to make the Course available to you for whatever reason. Please note that any refunds will be sent to the original payment method.
- 3.7 The prices of the Courses you order are made clear on the Website or application when you make your purchase. If we have priced a Course inaccurately, we will not be bound to provide such a Course to you at the stated price.
- 3.8 Unless noted, all prices are mentioned inclusive of any applicable VAT.
Your Right to Cancel
- 4.1 You have the right and the authority to cancel your order up to 14 days after it is delivered. However, this will also involve in the particular a just and proper reason for it. This period is defined as your conditional right to cancel.
- 4.2 Cancellation procedure: To cancel your order, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your order information.
- 4.3 Reed.co.uk purchases: Reed.co.uk has a complete 14-day return policy on all of its courses. You will receive a full refund if you cancel your purchase during the 14-day cancellation period. Please remember that the 14-day term starts on the date when the purchase contract is signed.
Course Materials and Content
- 5.1 The course material will be made available in line with the course description and will be accessible for the duration of the course, subject to our right to change or delete any material. After the course is completed, it will no longer be accessible (save for a limited time at our discretion). During the course, it is strongly advised that you download all of the available materials.
- 5.2 We shall make every effort to fully resolve any technical issues that impede or restrict us from doing so.
- 5.3 We make every effort to ensure that the Teachers who list their Courses focus on providing high-quality Courses, but we accept no responsibility and will have no liability to you if the Course does not meet your requirements or you find it unsatisfactory in some way, and your only recourse will be against the Teacher.
- 5.4 The learner is solely responsible for archiving and storing downloading material. We may seek technical assistance to aid in the recovery of any data that has been lost or deleted.
Termination and suspension
- 6.1 If we find you in significant violation of any of the terms, we may suspend your account at any time. We may also stop your access to the Services if you have not registered and we suspect you are in violation of this Agreement.
- 6.2 We can legally refuse to supply you with any Services or the right to purchase additional Courses if we suspend your Account or access to the Services for any reason. We retain the right to cancel our relationship with you and any existing Account if you attempt to evade this paragraph by creating a new account.
User Generated Content
- 7.1 We may also provide users with the ability to publish content (“Content”) via our Services.
- 7.2 We reserve the right to remove anything from our Websites or applications for any reason, but we will remove content that does not meet our standards.
- 7.3 By publishing any Content using our Services, you agree to the following:
- 7.3.2 You hold all of the Content’s intellectual property rights (unless the Content consists merely of information)
- 7.4 Any content you publish using our Services is solely your responsibility. You shall be personally accountable for any defamation, intellectual property infringement, privacy, or other claim originating from your Content.
- 7.5 You agree to hold us harmless from any liability we may incur as a result of any defamation, intellectual property infringement, privacy, or other claims resulting from your Content.
- 7.6 You agree not to publish any content that is offensive, false, defamatory, fraudulent, or illegal.
- 7.7 You agree not to publish (or otherwise make available through our Services) any Content or engage in any actions that:
- 7.7.1 displays or promotes any pornographic or sexually explicit material of any type;
- 7.7.2 engages in or encourages abusive, threatening, abusive, defamatory, or libelous activity;
- 7.7.3 is illegal, infringes on intellectual property rights, defames anybody, violates confidentiality, or encourages criminal behavior;
- 7.7.4 encourages the illegal or unauthorized copying of another’s copyright work, such is by giving pirated computer programs or links to pirated computer programs, advice on how to bypass manufacturer-installed copy protection equipment, or pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- 7.7.5 includes instructions on criminal acts such as making or purchasing illegal weapons, invading another’s privacy, or providing or generating computer viruses.
- 7.7.6 includes or is subject to restricted or password-protected pages, as well as hidden sites or images (those not linked to from another accessible page).
- 7.7.7 asks other users for credentials or personally identifying information for commercial or illegal purposes;
- 7.7.8 relates to the sending of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing, also known as “spamming.”
- 7.7.9 promotes inaccurate or misleading information that you are aware of;
- 7.7.10 pertains to commercial activities and/or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes; or 7.7.13 pertains to commercial activities and/or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes.
- 7.7.11 entails posting any files to our Services that contain viruses, corrupted files, harmful code, or any other similar software or programs that may harm another’s computer’s operation.
- 7.7.12 access our Services without our consent using automatic means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers).
- 7.7.13 requesting log-in details or gaining access to someone else’s account
- 7.7.14 harass, bully, or intimidate any user of our Services.
- 7.7.15 act in a way that is illegal, deceptive, harmful, or discriminatory.
- 7.7.16 take any action that disables or impairs the Services’ ability to function properly.
- 7.7.17 say, express, or imply that statements made by you are endorsed by us in any way.
- 7.7.18 impersonate any other person in any profile, regardless of whether or not that person is a member of the Services.
- 7.8 We reserve the right, at any time and for any reason, to delete any Content from our Services.
Viruses, hacking, and other offences
- 8.1 You agree not to use our Services to upload, post, or publish any files that contain viruses, corrupted files, malicious code, or other similar software or programs that may harm another’s computer.
- 8.2 We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by viruses, DDOS attacks, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data, or other proprietary property as a result of your use of our Services.
- 8.3 You must not intentionally introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, or other malicious or technologically damaging material into our Services. You must not try to gain unlawful access to our Services, the server on which they are stored, or other server, computer, or database connected to our Services. You shall not launch a denial-of-service or distributed denial-of-service attack against our Services.
- 8.4 You would be committing a criminal offense under the Computer Misuse Act of 1990 if you violated this clause. So any breach will be submitted to the appropriate law enforcement authorities, and we will cooperate with them by exposing your identity to them. Your registration and right to use our Services will be terminated immediately if there is a breach of this agreement.
Availability and Our liability
- 9.1 Except in the case of fraud, willful concealment, or theft, we will not be liable to you for any business, financial, or economic loss, or any consequential or indirect loss, such as loss of reputation, lost bargain, lost profit, loss of anticipated savings, or lost opportunity, arising as a result of any services we provide to you under, or in some other way connected with, this Agreement (whether suffered or incurred as a result of our negligence or otherwise).
- 9.2 For the avoidance of doubt, the liability excluded under article 11.1 includes any loss arising from your dealings with any Teacher or from the Courses, and we shall have no liability to you in connection with the Courses or in relation to the Courses themselves.
- 9.3 Our total liability to you for all damages under these conditions is limited to the entire price you have paid for Courses you have purchased with us (subject to any obligation under clause 10.5 below).
- 9.4 No claim against us in regard to a Course may be brought more than 12 months after the date on which the relevant Course was purchased.
- 9.5 This agreement does not restrict or exclude our liability for death or bodily damage caused by our carelessness, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- 9.6 You agree that the above liability exclusions are reasonable in all circumstances, particularly given that our obligations under this Agreement are limited to the provision of content, and that responsibility for the Course rests solely with the Teacher, for whom we act only as a distributor in a limited capacity.
- 9.7 While we strive to provide you with the best service possible, we cannot guarantee that the Services will fulfill your needs. We cannot guarantee that the Services will operate without interruption. If a problem with our Services occurs, please report it to email@example.com and we will do everything we can to rectify the situation as soon as possible.
- 9.8 Your access to our services may be restricted or stopped from time to time to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the addition of new services and features we’ll do everything we can to get the service back in service as early as possible. Whether or whether you have registered with us, access to the Services may be limited. Any such limitations or interruptions will not be considered a breach of these terms by us.
Ownership of the Rights and Intellectual Property Rights
- 10.1 The format and content of our Services, as well as all content included in a Course, are protected by UK and international copyright, and we and the Lecturers reserve all rights to our copyright, whether possessed or licensed to us, as well as all rights to any of our registered and unregistered trademarks (whether owned or licensed to us) that appear on our Services or Courses.
- 10.2 Course materials are offered for private only use and may not be duplicated, sold, shared, resold, or licensed to anybody else.
- 10.3 Without our express written permission, our Services, Websites, apps, and other materials may not be copied, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise used for any commercial purpose. Without our express written consent, you may not systematically extract and/or re-use parts of the contents of the Services, Websites, applications, or other resources. Without our prior written consent, you may not use data analysis, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction techniques to extract (whether once or many times) any substantial parts of our Services, Websites, applications, or materials for re-use.
- 11.1 We make no representation that our Services or Courses are suitable or available for use in areas outside of the United Kingdom, and using our Services from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is strictly forbidden. If you access our Services from a location outside of the United Kingdom, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for adhering to local laws.
- 11.2 In whatever place you are physically situated, you must comply with all foreign and local laws and regulations that apply to your use of our Services, including, without limitation, consumer law and export control laws and regulations.
- 12.1 These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree, as we do, to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- 12.2 We will not be responsible for any breach of these Terms and Purchase caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- 12.3 If you breach these terms and we decide to take no action or neglect to do so, then we will still be entitled to act and enforce our rights and remedies for any other breach.
- 12.4 Changes may be made to the content and format of the Services, Websites, applications, and materials, at any time without giving due notice